Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sharks, Hoodies, and a New Pattern

I've been doing a lot of testing lately it seems! 
One of my favourites is the Dress Up Hoodie from Mouse House Creations.


This hoodie has so many options.
A basic raglan hoodie and a variety of pattern pieces that you can use to dress up your hoodie. 

Line drawings of pattern pieces included!

I chose to do my final test as a shark for my youngest. 
The hoodie comes together very easily and quickly. 


I used a freezer paper stencil to paint the eyes on the hood and the words 'FEED ME' on the front.


To stabilize the fin, I added some fusible fleece on both pieces before sewing them right sides together.
Another tester came up with the idea to put the teeth on the lining of the hood and I love how that turned out. It's not as costume-y and more of a wear-every-day style which is my style. 


The neat thing about this pattern is that you can use the pattern pieces included and use your creativity to come up with all sorts of creatures/ideas. 
Each hoodie can be made as you want. 
I can see the deer ears being used to make a cow, some have made a fox, angry bird, etc.
 So many ideas!


In the meantime, I need to go feed this hungry little shark! 

You can buy the pattern here for $8.50 for a limited time. (Regular price is $10.50.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!